The Canadian Bar Association BC Branch (CBABC), a non-profit organization, is the essential ally and advocate of the legal profession. We are recognized as the voice of BC lawyers on matters of law and justice. Visit our website at cbabc.org to learn more about this influential professional association.
Come join our team of passionate and energetic individuals, committed to making life better for lawyers, judges and law students. If you like a fast-paced environment and a variety of projects, this could be the place for you.
An essential part of our team, you will be providing administrative support to a variety of departments. We are looking for someone technically minded with exceptional attention to detail. A person who works well with multiple responsibilities and managing timelines will excel in this position.
Reporting to the Knowledge and Information Systems Manager, the part-time Office and Database Assistant is dedicated to assisting and supporting the CBABC team in the following areas:
Data Maintenance & Integrity
- Update records in the member database
- Conduct quality checks and ensure consistency in data input across all sources
- Assist in updating and creating database queries and reports
- Search and review external data sources for updated contact info as needed
Website Content Updates
- Review, format and edit external career opportunities on branch Job Board using a custom content management system
- Provide support in publishing content to website including news items, events and magazine articles
- Answer incoming general office calls
- Prepare monthly mail-out of membership recognition pins
- Assist with preparing kits and printed materials for outreach events
- Backup to Finance and Administration Assistant as needed
Qualification and Skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a professional office environment
- Post-secondary education considered an asset
- Exceptional proficiency in MS Office 2016 Programs, especially Excel
- Experience using a web content management system is required; HTML proficiency would be an asset
- Experience with database administration and updating website content
- Proven ability with alpha / numeric data entry, with a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM
- Good understanding of office administration, accounting and data management
- Adaptable, flexible, and able to work well under pressure
- Photoshop and SQL knowledge and experience considered an asset
This is a part-time position. Extended health and dental benefits and RRSP matching are available upon successful conclusion of six months’ probation. Our office is located in Yaletown and readily accessible by transit with nearby Expo and Canada Line stops.
If you are someone who has a keen eye for detail and a great place to work – Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.