…and they’re off!
The CBABC announces the 2015 Law School Scholarship fundraising event – this time themed around the fun and excitement of the Triple Crown. Be a part of A Day at the Races on Sunday, May 31.
We are excited to announce that the top level of sponsorship, the “Triple Crown” is SOLD OUT. Thank you to our three Triple Crown sponsors: ProGroup Leasing, Dye & Durham, and Narwal Litigation.
Put away your clubs as A Day at the Races replaces the golf tournament this year as the main fundraising event for CBABC Law School Student Scholarships.
Get caught up in the excitement of the 2015 Triple Crown (Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and Belmont Stakes) with a delightful Day at the Races at Hastings Racecourse in Vancouver. The afternoon will be filled with fancy hats and garden party attire, “Millionaires’ Row”, cheering the horses as they thunder towards the finish line, a great buffet, exciting auction items, raffle prizes and more – all while supporting British Columbia law students. The event begins at 1:30 pm, with the first post at 1:50 pm. Derby attire is encouraged.
You can support the CBABC Law School Student scholarship funds in multiple ways:
- Purchase tickets to join us at the races on Sunday, May 31
- Support the scholarship fundraising efforts with a financial contribution
- Contribute to the event as a sponsor
- Provide an item which can be used for the Silent Auction or Raffle
Here’s what one of the scholarship recipients said after being given her award. As a supporter of our fundraising efforts, she is thanking you, too.
The gift you have honoured me with is more than financial assistance; it is a gift of confidence that will continue to inspire me during challenging and difficult moments of my legal education and training.
Tickets are $60 (+GST) for both CBABC members and non-members, and include:
- Private entrance to The Marquee at Hastings Racecourse
- Private covered seating and lounge areas in The Marquee (trackside)
- Welcome Cocktail
- Silent Auction & Raffle
- Official Race Program & complimentary Wagering Voucher
- Dedicated Wagering Ambassador & Wagering Counter in the Marquee
Note that this event replaces the Golf Tournament for 2015.