Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing national food services company with its head office located in North Vancouver. They are currently seeking a Legal Services Assistant to provide legal support on a wide range of matters. You will report to the General Counsel, and will work independently, as well as part of a team of seven. Salary will be competitive and based on skills and experience.
You currently have a diploma or degree in a recognized paralegal or legal assistance program or equivalent experience. Knowledge of basic legal principles and processes, general and legal research techniques, and the Canadian legal system is required. Intermediate knowledge of corporate, commercial, marketing, franchising and intellectual property law, and of related processes, requirements and concepts is desirable. You have excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
The ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively is essential to the position.
- Obtain, analyze, and coordinate extensive factual and legal documentation and information.
- Draft, review, and prepare legal agreements, documentation and correspondence.
- Conduct basic legal and general research as required, including online searches, analyze and summarize findings, and initiate appropriate follow up action.
- Provide technical advice and guidance relating to trade-mark issues, development agreements, and service, supply and non-disclosure agreements.
- Track and prepare reports relating to potential claims and litigation
- Prepare and file annual corporate reports and filings
- Provide administrative support including criminal and credit checks, couriers, invoices and supplies
- Maintain effective working relationships consistent with Climate Goals.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.