At London Drugs, we go above and beyond to take care of our customers and employees.
Integrity, trust and caring are core to our brand framework.
POSITION & STATUS: Corporate Counsel – Full Time Contract position – 12 month term with possibility of extension.
London Drugs is an innovative retailer which operates 80 retail stores through Western Canada, along with an expanding e-commerce business and customer loyalty program. It has been operating for over 70 years and is a well-loved retailer with a proven track record in making positive contributions to the communities it serves.
The in-house legal department of London Drugs provides a broad range of legal services, advice and support to all areas of business operations, employing a practical, results-driven approach.
We are looking for a business lawyer to provide parental leave coverage in an exciting and dynamic environment. This position is a fantastic opportunity to work for a great company for the right person.
Excellent contract skills are essential, as drafting, negotiating and reviewing a wide variety of commercial agreements play a central role to this position. Experience with technology agreements, software as a service, supply and distribution agreements and good understanding of privacy law will be highly beneficial in this role.
In addition to London Drugs, the legal department also supports a number of related companies, including London Air Services (www.londonair.ca), Sonora Resort (www.sonoraresort.com), TLD Computers, the Insurance Services Department of London Drugs Limited and McBain Camera Inc.
REPORTS TO: General Counsel.
SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good interpersonal skills in dealing with people with all levels of seniority and experience.
- Highly organized and able to multitask effectively and work under changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also as part of a team.
- Understand business needs and priorities and how to balance these against legal risk.
- Possess confidence and integrity.
- Enthusiastic lawyer who is excited to work in the fast-paced retail industry.
- Qualified to practice law in British Columbia.
- Business/commercial background with at least 3 years post-call experience.
- Knowledge or experience in any of the following is also beneficial: retail industry, pharmacy & health law, advertising law, intellectual property, product safety, real estate and e-commerce.
We wish to thank all applicants; however, only successful candidates will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please. We are an equal opportunity employer. The above description is intended to describe the general nature of this position and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
London Drugs has been recognized as one of Canada’s most trusted companies, as well as one of Canada’s best employers.