About the Award
It is a bronze medal on a blue ribbon, framed under glass. Awarded by the CBABC president, the President’s Medal recognizes one or more of the following: legal academic proficiency, outstanding works of legal scholarship, significant contribution to the profession during the President's term.
This award is discretionary and no award need be granted in any given year. No more than one award may be given in any calendar year.
The award is presented at the Provincial Council meeting held in June.
The award shall be granted at the discretion of the President. The recipient, if any, will be selected by the President in his/her sole discretion.
CURRENT & PREVIOUS RECIPIENTS
- 2018-2019 - Wayne Robertson, QC
- 2017-2018 - The Hon. Justice Thomas J. Crabtree
- 2016-2017 - Tina Dion, QC
- 2015-2016 - Aleem Bharmal
- 2014-2015 - Bill Veenstra
- 2013-2014 - R. C. (Tino) Di Bella
- 2012-2013 - Eric Gottardi
- 2011-2012 - David Dundee
- 2010-2011 - Leonard T Doust, QC
- 2009-2010 - Sharon Matthews
- 2008-2009 - Judith Janzen
- 2007-2008 - Arlene H Henry, QC
- 2006-2007 - Arthur Close, QC
- 2005-2006 - William T Clarke
- 2004-2005 - Diana Dorey & Frank Kraemer
- 2003-2004 - Kenneth Armstrong
- 2002-2003 - Sharon Matthews
- 2001-2002 - Margaret Sasges
- 2000-2001 - Sandy Jakab-Hancock
- 1999-2000 - Clare Barry
- 1998-1999 - Dean David Cohen
- 1997-1998 - Randy Walker
- 1996-1997 - Penny Bain & Donald Yule
- 1995-1996 - Jeff Scouten
(604) 687-3404 or 1 (888) 687-3404